Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013

 Elder Allan and his umbrella.  Good times!
Us and our pesquisador friend, Aloisio!

Wow, times flies. Its super weird. This will be my last full week in the mission. Where did all that time go? That's so weird. We already had our exit interviews with President, and that was super weird. It was like, "why is president talking about all this stuff? am I really going home?" It still hasn't fully hit yet. So, I guess you all heard about the new missions, and yes our mission will be affected. Our mission will be divided, but more details will come later. Its super exciting. Oh, and before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY! I can hardly believe its been a year. It'll be so good to see all my nieces and nephews when I get back. Anyways, the work is going great here in Brazil. We have several people that we are working with, and our hope is that this week we will have a baptism. I am feeling so strange at the end of the mission, it not feeling real at all, but we are ready to work hard this week. "Lets work until the water!" (Vamos Trabalhar até a agua! ou, Pia Batismal!). We are working with a pesquisador called Aloisio that is an awesome guy. And we have been working with several of the recent converts as well. Its been going great here. I am so thankful to be on the mission. I just wanted to leave a message in Alma 37:16. Its when Alma tells his son about the plates, but I believe it applies to all of us. If we keep the commandments, we will prosper, and Satan will have no power over us. God will fulfill all His promises if we but keep our part. God truly is all powerful, and will bless us, all we need to do is keep the commandments. We need to always move forward, always counseling with the Lord for the best way to move forward. I hope that all you guys have a great week, and I love you all.

Abraço,

Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

PS: We have had some huge thunderstorms here recently. Not always with rain, though we have been soaked a few times. They are crazy cool storms with lots of lightning and really loud rumbling thunder. They have been occurring quite a bit recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment