Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012

Batismo de Léo e Gabriel! 
Baptism of Léo and Gabriel! 
  "Benzinho!" Thats the nickname we give to the "Relogio" (clock), here in Jaguaré, meaning "Little Ben." Ha.
 Elder Nóbrega! He's going crazy  --  He completed his mission ...
 My District without Elder Nóbrega.
Were Crazy! Our district is big and Zone is even Bigger!

Lots of good memories at this wonderful time of the year. It truly is the "most wonderful time of the year." So we just received Transfers, and it looks like I'll die training. In other words; I will now be training again, and I find out who on Wednesday. I am staying here in the area though, which will be awesome, even though I'll miss Elder Wolfe. So, this morning, Elder Nóbrega left us to go back to his home, as he completed his mission. That was super weird...  that's got to be a weird feeling at the end of the mission. He was hilarious and a great missionary. These transfers will be great and interesting. I am excited for these coming weeks, and this week went great as well. We were able to baptise my two friends Gabriel, and Léo, who are both about 12 years old, and are pretty awesome. Ha. They both will be a great example in their families. We are working with Léo's mom to be baptised as well, but she needs to complete the law of Chastity. We have several other people that we are working with as well, and are trying to help a lot of people to be baptised. I am excited to be able to train again, and remember all the basics that I will be able to teach. The work is going well, and we are always trying to improve. Please keep praying for us, and for our investigators. I wanted to send home a scripture that is in Helaman 14:3-8 that talks about the signs of Christ's Birth. I always think it is important to remember the "why" of the Christmas season. Our Savior and Redeemer was born and gave us so many great gifts including eternal life if we but do what He asks. I ask you all that as you go about giving and getting gifts, to think about what you will give to the Savior this Christmas Season. I know that our Savior lives, and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His Church on this Earth. I love you all, and wish you all a great week before Christmas.

Abraço,

Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment