Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012

Another week passes by, and I'm still doing great. Time still is flying by as well. Elder Wolfe and I are great friends and excited to work here in Jaguaré. I got a package from the "fam" this week, yet again all re-wrapped. They like to look at all the goodies I'm going to get. Ha. Oh, before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAINE! Craziness that he is already two. So many crazy things. This week, we have been working with a family of three, Ivan, Renata, and Emily. They are super cool, and really progressing in the Gospel. Ivan came to church on Sunday which was great. We also are having lots of family nights, and trying to work a lot with the members. Things are going great here, and I'm loving the mission. One time, my companion sat down on a bench to rest for a little, and we heard a weird noise. It sounded like a high pitched voice. We looked over, and a papagaio ("parrot") was looking at us. It started talking to us, and singing as well. Also, we had a funny experience at church. We went outside between the classes to make a phone call, and we saw a pesquisadora passing in front of the gate. She looked at us, and then she took off running. I went to look from the gate, and she was still running a ways down the street. It was about a 50 year old lady in a skirt. That was pretty funny. So, this week I wanted to pass along Alma 23:7. We all need to put down our weapons of rebeliion, what ever they are. I love you all, and have a great week.

Abraço,

Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

PS:  As for advertising here, its pretty much the same as the US, with billboards, TV ads, and lots and lots of little paper pamphlets. There are lots of little self owned stores here  --  they don't have much advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment