Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012


 Running from dogs is fun. ha.
Three Generations!  Me, my "son", and my "grandson!"  Yay!
 Elder Nogueira and I!  Que alegria! 
My companion, Eder Nogueira, and I eating goiaba!
My old Zone!
The super smelly river! Tiête.
So, here it comes, the results of the transfers. I am now in Jaraguá, a new area that is pretty humble. I have a new companion, the famous Elder Nogueira! Que Alegria! He is crazy, and a great guy and missionary. He is hilarious, and não é pouco não! Ha. He is from Pernambuco, and state of Brasil in the Nordestino (North east). We have already done a division actually, so we already knew each other. We both are the zone leaders of Zona Jaraguá. Its super different than Alphaville here, but the people are great here. My companion is always trying to get ties, and I've already gotten 5 ties from members here. Ha. He has a way with people, and gets ties and helps me get some too. So, this week has been getting to know the area, and all the people here. Its been good. Right before I left Alphaville, we went to take a shortcut that we take all the time, and were chased by two dogs, and we jumped a wall to get away. It was pretty sweet, and no one got hurt. I'm pretty sure that a man sent his dogs after us. It was funny because I made a noise with my backpack, and my companion took off running, and I thought he got scared easy ...  then looked back and heard the dogs running after us. What an adventure. So this week I wanted to pass a scripture with a testimony about our Savior, Job 19: 25-26. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. There truly is no greater joy than the joy that the gospel brings. Our Savior died for us, and wants us to be happy. He therefore left His gospel for us, so that all mankind can know, and have this great joy.  And that same gospel that all the prophets and the bible testify, yes, the same church that Jesus Christ organized, was restored, and is on the earth today. I love you all, and have a great week.

Abraço,

Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

PS: As for fruits here; there are a ton of fruits, several I have never seen before. I really like Maracujá  (which is like passion fruit I believe). There are some real good fruits here. As for raspberries, they are super rare in stores, and probably expensive. Goiaba is another good fruit that we don't have back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment