Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012

So, sorry for the delay, but our P-Day changed because we went to the Temple today. You have no idea how much I love the temple. It was 10 months since the last time, and I'm so glad we went. It was glorious! I didn't want to leave. So we are both new here in the area, but the day we got here was the day the others left, so it didn't really get closed. So I don't know why the Outback steakhouse looks like its out of our mission, because it is definitely in our area. I want to eat there so bad! Ha. Our area includes three bairros (neighborhoods) that are humongous. Including Alphaville, Aldeia Da Serra, and Ingay. Two super rich areas, and one jungle area. Its pretty cool. Oh, and an update, Leonardo, from my last area, was baptised. Yay! So, I accidentally passed the wrong scripture last week, it really was supposed to be Mosiah 3:13. I was off, ha. So this last week has been kind of Crazy. We have been doing lots of contacts, and we found some elects, just for other areas though, and not ours. Most the people that work here, live in other areas. We were walking in an area, don't know if I already told you this (all the weeks mix together like crazy), and this guy waves at us as we are walking by. Then He gets out of the car and waves us over. Then we get to talking and he accepted us to visit him, and he asked if our church accepts donations. When we asked for hi s address, he said wait a sec, and came back and then gave us "perfume."(In Brazil, cologne and perfume are the same). He gave us two little bottles each. I'm pretty sure its somewhere around a $300,00 reais (yes the comma was on purpose), value that he just handed on over. Craziness. We don't have any really solid investigators, but we have two people that are parts of families recently baptised. We are working and trying to think up some good ideas that will work here. So this week I would like to pass the scripture in Mosiah 2:17. It is well known, and I hope well lived. It is amazing how some people here live this law. I am impressed greatly by several members that help other people. Truly some of them are dedicated to serve. They not only help us, but help out others as well. Truly we all should look to help others out of the love of our hearts, and always be willing to serve. I love you all, and hope you all have a great week.

Abraço,

Elder Tanner Ross Paxman


No comments:

Post a Comment