Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012

Elder Sena and I on our division 
 Me with my new blue umbrella. Yay!
Rubics cube!  I even got the middle color different!  Ha.

Another week is passed in this extremely fast life of a missionary. I'm sorry to hear about the sad news, of the deaths in Sammamish. It's always sad when it happens, but also we need to remember that God has a plan for all of us, and loves us all. So this week was basically an average week in the life of a missionary. We didn't do too much exciting. But as for what happened last week, we had a battle with cockroaches and it was pretty sweet. The full story would take a while so I'll wait to tell you. It was epic. Anyways, I am indeed sleeping fine, and it's not too bad in the heat. The Lord blesses us so we wont die. Ha. So we weren't able to meet with Leticia this week, but she came again and went to the Relief Society activity. That's pretty cool, we will go there this week. As for Keti, we are meeting with her tonight, and we are trying to help her with preparation for baptism, though we still don't have a date yet. And another family is Ataide, Viviane his wife, and their kids, Agatha, Matheus, and Nathalia. They are really cool. We also will visit them more this week. This past week, we did have a leadership training which went really well. Presidente and our leaders always amaze me with amazing treinamentos. I always love them. Also, we had a division where I went to Pilar Do Sul with Elder Sena. That went well. I did my first baptismal interview and it went well. Today, I would like to talk of a scripture that is is the last words of a prophet that he wrote for all of us in this day. It's in Moroni 10:32. It's a plead to come unto Christ. Christ truly was the only perfect person, and we are commanded to be like Him. Yes, we are all failures, but we all can be made perfect through Christ and the Atonement. He suffered for us, and we therefore can be perfected in Christ. This is our goal. We all fall, but we all have the chance to get back up again. We may not be perfectly perfect, but if we truly do our part, and trust in God, we can become perfect through Christ and His Atonement. I love you all and wish you the best. Have a great week.
Abraço,
Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment