Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October 31, 2011

 Hot dogs.  So cheap and so good.
 grandma's package
 Meu Rede!  My hammock!
 Told you Robert was famous.  His initials are all over the place here. 
 Rain.  And Glasses.  Good times. 
 Package from my parents.  Holy cow! Heaven in a box... well almost.
 Sorocaba.  Boom Baby!
Open Space :)


Holy cow, I don't believe, I truly don't believe it, but its true. This transfer ends this Wednesday with another week gone by. Time is crazy. First of all, its really weird that Brady is home helping grandma. It seems like yesterday we were all out there, but at the same time a long time ago. It's gotta be weird for Brady too, and weird that Im on a mission. As for the weather, yeah, its getting into the hotter season. Conference weekend was 95 degrees F, or about 35 degrees C. And December is the hottest month here. Who boy, well see how this goes. Ha. Luckily its not horrible horrible. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERT! Yay! So this week was just another average week in the life of a missionary. Not much happened that was exciting. We had interviews with President Martins, and he is a very intelligent man. I asked him a question about my debit card, and he even was able to tell me a little of the History of my bank. He knows a lot. I was his companheiro when he interviewed the Sisters and sat out in the hall. He also is very funny too. I think its funny that Drunks seem to have a thing with missionaries. One called us over and started murmuring and making noises with random words in english, and I think he thought he was speaking fluent english with us. It was hilarious. My companion said we don't understand in Portuguese, but he just kept going. Also another day, we were walking and passed two drunks, and one started calling us names and stuff, and the other argued and said (in Portuguese) "No, these are angels here on the Earth" and he came and shook our hand, and argued with the other. Oh drunks. Ha. So I found out that I will stay here for the next transfer, and my new companion will be another missionary that I know from my first zone that is the same group of time as Elder Neto. My new companion will be Elder M. Santos. So I was looking at some scriptures, and I really wanted to share this one with you all. Its 2 Nephi 1:23. We all need to wake up, and to shake off our sins. We should put on the Amour of God, and stand for righteousness. We need to not just protect ourselves, but to come out of obscurity. We cant just hide from our enemy. When we "hide" our testimony, or what he already have, we will lose it. You cannot gain more from hiding. We need to stand up for what we believe in and not "be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ." When people become members of the church it is for a lifetime, not just for a little bit, or only sundays. We are to stand for what is right at every moment, because that is our call as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and followers of Christ. I love you all and wish you all a great week.
Abraço,
Elder Tanner Ross Paxman
-Unusual names for Babies eh? I think ill leave that up to my sisters, I have unusual names too, but I don't want them stolen. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment