Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011




Holy Cow! That's so awesome about Derek Lambert and Tanner Johns, I am super excited for them. Serving the Lord on a mission is the Best thing that us young men can do. I know that they will feel the joy of serving a mission. Things are going great here, and seriously, I cant believe that it has been a week. I highly doubt it has been. Ha. Super fast this week. So on Saturday, I had the privilege to Baptise Willians, and that was a great experience. He is a big guy, and there wasn't much water, but it went well. He is super excited. Willians was confirmed on Sunday, and also received the Aaronic Priesthood. That is amazing to see. He will be an amazing member. I am so grateful to be a part of bringing him into the Gospel. Dad, you don't have to worry about the Harmonica, its slow progress, ha. So this week was another week full of divisions. I went on a division with Elder Loiseau on Tuesday, Nobre on Wednesday, until I switched with Elder Morais. We actually got locked out of our house and ended up sleeping at the mission office, because my companion had the keys. It was good though, we had a mission conference not far from the office, so we didn't have to wake up super early. Elder Godoy of the Seventy came and gave an excellent discourse and training. I really enjoyed it, and it was good because I understood almost every word. Then I went on Division with Elder Candland until Saturday morning. That was super fun. Elder Candland and I had adventures with food, and that was super cool. This week seriously flew by so fast. So this week, we read this scripture in the Gospel Principles class, and though its well know, it made an impact on me. The scripture is Matthew 22: 36-40. Truly when we follow these commandments, we complete all the other commandments. We should all seek to pay attention to how we show our love to those that are close to us. It is so important, so many times we don't show our love enough, and by showing our love to others, we show our love for our Father in Heaven. Let us all strive to show our love for others in all that we do. I love you all so much, and wish you all a fantastic week.
Abraço,
Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

1 comment:

  1. Fun to stumble on this blog. That Elder Candland sounds really cool. I bet he comes from a super cool family. ;)

    ReplyDelete