Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011



(above) My new companion Elder Sousa
This is where I get my haircut
Me and Elder Candland
the PAX building
A week, or a Day. I'm not quite sure, but somehow I switched companions and got a new district too. Time is... weird. Ha. Anyways, sounds like you guys had an amazing week. Elder Souza and I get along pretty well, and he is really smart with scriptures and stuff. He has been a member all his life, and was born in Forteleza (sp?), but grew up in Curtitiba (sp?) before returning to Forteleza. He really likes English songs and likes to study too. And he wants to learn english and reads pretty well, but doesn't really speak much. And an interesting thing that is super exciting... Elder Candland is in my district! We had a zone activity today and walked around the center of the city and I talked to him for a while. He seems to be doing great and I have tons of confidence in him. He will be an excellent missionary, I have no doubt. I'm super excited we are in the same district. But as for exchanges and divisions, we haven't had one yet. Its only been a few days. Ha. And it wont be like everyday, Ha, but more than before. As for Mauro, he is progressing really well and has made huge steps. He didn't drink or do drugs for a whole week straight which he wasn't done for the past 10 years. That is huge, the Gospel really does help us in our lives. No matter our circumstance, the gospel is the best thing for us and can help us in our lives. And Bishop Salmon now eh? That's way exciting. Things are changing all around. And I have great confidence in your talks Dad. You always do a great job, I actually am reading the General Conference talks again, and just read about the Priesthood. They were amazing talks, the Priesthood truly is a privilege and the holders of it should strive to live up to our potential. And it seems like everyone is growing up back home too. That's crazy about a bunch of my good friends receiving this great privilege God has given us, the Melchizedek Priesthood. Also, since I forgot to wish this person a happy birthday, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CHAD! And back to my week, ha. We had a random guy show up to church on Sunday, and he sat with us the whole time, and asked us to come tell him more about the church. Truly there are thousands of elect people ready to hear the Gospel around us. Sometimes we are lucky and they find us, but we too have to search and help our Brothers and Sisters receive the Gospel. God loves each and everyone of us, for we truly are his Children. The scripture I choose this week is John 3:16-17. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to the earth, and Jesus suffered for all of our sins. All of us can be saved. The Lord loves us all so much, and we can never forget that. No matter what is going on in our lives, God does not forget us, and through the atonement of Jesus Christ we all can return to live with our Father in Heaven. I love you all and wish you all a Boa Semana!
Abraço,
Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment