Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

Well, this week has gone by so dang fast! Holy Cow! Muito Rapido! Its so crazy! I love the mission, best thing ever! Somethings seem very daunting, but I know that the good far outweighs the bad by a long shot. I am so grateful to be serving a mission for the Lord. As for Easter here, its called Pasco, or in English, Passover. There were some bunny decoration and eggs that sold for 50 reals! I didn't buy any, that's definitally out of my price range, ha. They are supposed to be on sale now though. We got lots of extra desert on Easter, but that's about it, which isn't too bad if you ask me. The desserts the past part. Ha. Though I have no idea how, but chocolate got all over my suit. I'm going to get it dry cleaned today. I honestly have no idea, we tried to figure out how, but came up with the conclusion that something strange must have happened. The best part of Easter was receiving my Easter Package from Grandma. It had american chocolate which was delicious! It was so dang good. And we got some of the ´´toys´´ out and played with them too. What little things can entertain a missionary, who boy, its pretty hilarious. We got Brazilian roommates that are dang awesome! Elder Castro and Elder Colheo (or something close to that. It means Rabbit). They dont speak much English, but they are learning from us, and we are learning from them. They are super nice, and we always have a good time. I have a lot of Brazilian friends. One of them says I look like Clark Kent. A Brazilian friend of mine said that all the Brazilians like me because I am always happy and smiling. The Brazilians are just so dang awesome! One of the American Elders I am with, Elder Emerson, got up one night and yelled ´´what?´´ and then sat there and apparently he sleep talks. But hold on, it gets better. The other night he woke up, and pulled open the closet nest to his top bunk on his bunk bed. He then asked if there was someone in the closet, which no person of practically any size could fit into. We asked if he was sleeping and he said no. We checked just to appease him, and there sure wasn't anyone there. It was hilarious. He said he vaguely remembers the night, and yes, he said I could share this story. Elder Emerson is awesome. As for my mission President or President Richardson, I haven't seen them yet. I have decided to read through the Book of Mormon (LDM) again, and I am loving it more than ever. I seriously could read all day and not be tired of it. Its so amazing. My companion and I have talked alot about the Book of Mormon and the stories in it, and It makes me even more excited. While reading through so many good scriptures come to mind, and really its super hard to choose, but I will choose Mosiah 4:19 this week. We are all equal and we all rely on the same God that grants us life. I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is true! There is no doubt about it. I want to add my testimony to Abinidi, Moroni, and Elder Holland, I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that proves that this church is true, and nothing will shake me from this belief. I love the Book of Mormon and am so glad to share it with the people in Brazil. I encourage everyone to read the Book of Mormon. I know that it is a true Book that testifies of Christ, and I know that Christ is our Redeemer (Redentor) and Savior (Salvador). I love you all so much. - Elder Paxman
PS, I actually wrote the last part in Portuguese first on accident. Ha. And I might send home a package soon. With pictures hopefully. If not, then Ill send some pictures from the Field.

Some questions: Mom, how did you mark your scriptures again? I'm just wondering. Also is there a way to get a spot out of the silk tie? The one that snuck by us all, its been sitting in my suitcase the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment