Monday, December 5, 2011

November 21, 2011


 Jungle!   I wish ...
The Cidade!
A Coconut Farm (with ant farms as well)  Seriously Cool eh?

Another week gone. hmmm. Weird. Well, as for the weather, its still hot, but I'm more used to it than when I first arrived. My companion is from the second coldest city in São Paulo, so he says its hot for him too. As for the sentence you sent Dad, I understand it, though I don't think its entirely correct. Ha. Its always good to know that we made an impact, it's good to know people are asking about me. Truly I think often times we never truly realize the full impact we have on people, we are just trying to do what we can, and do our best. People are watching us, everyone of us, and we should always strive to be the best we can and be a good example. So, Maria, Andressa, and Bianca are all really excited to be baptised this Thursday. I will have the privilege to Baptise the two girls and my companion will baptise the Mom. Bianca asked me to confirm her on Sunday, which will be my first time and in front of everyone. Yikes, at least I can trust in the Spirit, though I'm still a little nervous. They are a great family that are really nice to us missionaries. Otherwise, we are teaching a few others, including Anderson. He has been taught and has a baptismal date, though he only came to church once, something always comes up. He could use your prayers too. I truly am privileged to work with so many great people here. On Sunday, a man just showed up at church wanting to know more, so we taught him, the first lesson. He is a little crazy though, and said some things from out of the middle of nowhere. We'll see how it goes with him. Otherwise, this week has been good. To be honest, I forgot to write a scripture down for scripture of the week, but then the scripture James 2:17 (Scripture Mastery) came to mind. We can have all the faith in the world, but if we don't act and do our part it will not be worth anything. Truly we all need to do out part. We know that we need to have faith, but faith means that we act. We need to do something. The Lord will help us in all parts of our life, but we need to do our part. Sometimes its not until after we decide that we get our answer. Let us all have faith to move forward. I love you all and wish you all a good week.
Abraço,

Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment