Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 13, 2011


Grandpa, Dad & I
CTM district

CTM teachers

YAY rain!


First of all, I hope that you got pictures with lasts weeks email too. Sorry about that, I have got to send pictures and e-mails separate now just to be safe. The mission president change happens on June 30th I believe. I haven't actually received anything yet, ha. Letter or Package, but we have another chance this Wednesday, so that would be awesome! Thanks for sending one, I cant wait. Ha. So, since last weeks (or what was supposed to be last weeks) was so long, ha, not much has happened since then. It rained! That was pretty awesome, the Washingtonian in me was so happy, and I walked around in just my jacket, my companion with an umbrella. It was really cool with lightning and lots of rain. We had another Baptism this last week, his name is Marco Aurélio, and he is 9 years old. The water was freezing, and when they had to re due the baptism, he at first didn't want too, though he did. The rest of his family is members, though the mom is inactive. They are an awesome family. We have spent a lot of time with them recently, and have become friends. João Vitor is 13, and we´re good buddies now. Ha. We talk with them and joke around. I swear we cant leave their house without eating food. And its always "come mais Élder" which is eat more Elder. Ha. They are really awesome people. We had a family night with another family last night, and it was pretty funny. They joked around about me and Americans, and we talked and had a good time. There are these little balls that I have no idea what they are made of, but they are called water balls, and we threw them off the building. Also some new kinds of food, which aren't bad. Ha. Today we had a zone activity, and we went on a hunt to find all the items on the list. One of the "items" was to go to the top of the tallest building in Brazil, which is awesome, its way cool up there. Buildings expanding in every direction. Its called Banespa, and its super cool. Since I seem to have forgotten the scripture of the week, and I used one as a thought last week, I'll transfer it to the scripture for this week. Its Helaman 5:12. I love this scripture. I want you all to know that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints is the only true church on the earth. The best thing for all of us to do is to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and of the modern day Prophet who receives revelation for us today. Have faith in Christ. I love you all.
-Elder Tanner Ross Paxman 

No comments:

Post a Comment