Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 20, 2011





First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! and HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!  I love you guys so much! Not many questions today eh? Ha. They do have fathers day here in Brazil, but its some day in October I believe. I asked my companion about it. We had a Venezuelan that served his mission in Iowa last Sunday, and he didn't speak Portuguese, so he asked me for help. He was really awesome on tour with an orchestra. I got your package! And I also got two letters! Yay! And I got the "Paxman Times" I loved reading about everyone. That was great. I laughed so much. Like Chads writing for instance, ha. As for Orange sauce, we don't eat rice own our own really, but thanks so much, that's awesome. That stuff is so good. And the other stuff tastes so amazing. I am so excited to call home today. ( I get to call today because i didn't get to call on mothers day, and the white handbook says 2 times a year. So the Mission President allowed it). This week has been a normal week as far as missionary life. We are working with our investigators and trying to help them. I use my imagination a lot when we walk, ha. Which is really good that I have a crazy imagination, because we walk a lot. We had a really awesome mission conference this week, and it was all focused on "Preach My Gospel." The president is really awesome, and the meeting was great. (Though in reality I didn't understand much due to the Portuguese, ha). We have an awesome Bishop in our ward, and we are trying to get the ward to work on the ward mission plan.  Its really important that all people work to bring people to Christ, because though not all people have the call of missionaries, we are all missionaries. The scripture of the week this week is 2 Nephi 28:30. We all need to continue to seek for knowledge and wisdom. We need to realize that the Lord gives us our wisdom, and that we are never done. We always need to seek for more. I know that the Lord loves each and everyone of us, and wants the best for us. Let us all trust more in Christ, whether we know why or not, the Lord knows. The Lord will help you. I love you all, and wish you all the best.
-Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment