Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4, 2011

Another week flies by in the life of Elder Tanner Paxman! Seriously, its crazy how fast the weeks go by. Heck, Ill be out in the field in two weeks, and I'm sure that will fly by. I sure hope ill be ready, I´ve got a lot of Portuguese to work on. My roommates and I have pretty intelligent conversations, well only sort of. At least we understand each other somewhat and can get the point across. We use the dictionary a good amount. One of them is helping me to read Jesus, O Cristo. I'm increasing my vocabulary, so that's pretty cool. As for the chocolate stuff, I have no idea still, I'm actually taking it in today if we have time, so I hope it comes out. So no very exciting stories this week, we did lose two missionaries in our district to the field. Also, we had Donald L. Holstrom  from the presidency of the Seventy come and talk with us. (That is a cool story about Parker btw). We also went to a ´´Tucanos Brazilian Grill´´ like there is in Provo only its the real thing, but not called that. I actually didn't get anything, and one thing I realized here in Brazil is how I am not much of a Meat lover. The Brazilian experience is dang awesome though. I love being here, especially when we get to walk around and be in the real Brazil. As for the scripture this week, I choose Moroni 7:33 because we were looking for a scripture that would help someone accept the church when they were having a hard time. Its so true, Christ should be the focus of our lives, I know that he lives, and that he loves each and everyone of us. He will help us in all that we need. Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer. We all should focus our lives on Christ. I love this Gospel, and I love this Church, and I know that it is True. I love you all and wish you the best. And Mother, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I love you! Until next time, I love you all so much, and hope I keep you all entertained enough.
-Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment