Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011

We just got this e-mail today.  Tanner's P-day in the field is on Monday and he was transferred on Tuesday from the Missionary Training Center so he missed his P-day last week.  So I am not late in posting, I swear.

HOLY COW! So much to catch up on, its practically been two weeks and only one email! This is crazy, ha. We´ll its always good to hear from you guys, and I miss you guys but we all know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I love you all. As for address, keep using the mission address, sadly I will have to wait till someone can bring it to me, but that's the only way. So i will be getting mail less often now, but I´ll live. I got Amber's letter, and man, her kids are cute! Ha. Thanks Amber, that was awesome. And, for scriptures of the week, I believe I'm behind one week, but I still only have one, remind me whenever I don't send one please. As for this week, It is D&C 90:11. I am a part of this! Legal! Also i would suggest checking out the Beritz Language Commercial sometime, we watched it for an analogy back at the CTM. Also another Elder and I got our computers to talk to each other using the language program that records your voice. It was pretty hilarious. I wish I had a video. I did film a small welcome video for you, but its too big to send. Dang, ha. Guess you´ll have to wait. I just wanted you all to know packing peanuts can be pretty entertaining, anyways, ha. So my first day here, let me tell you it was awesome. First of all, I transferred all my luggage into one bag, and that was quite a task, my bag was bursting, but luckily we don't have to worry about weight. I was surprised, but I fit all I needed. Craziness. Then we has the opportunity to go out teaching, it was really cool. Besides hardly understanding anything, I went out with an Elder Mathews and Elder Jensen. They were awesome. It was Elder Jensen's last day (who turns out to be my Grandpa), and he said thank you for making my last day memorable. I said that it was luck, and the Holy Ghost, not me. The spirit was strong as we taught two families and brought another to church. Then day two, after what seemed like forever (it was several hours) we finally met our new companions! My Dad is Elder De Andrade! He is legit, and super nice. Then we took off to our new area, which is Cequeira César, and its right in downtown São Paulo where I went Proselyting. There are about one million people I'm my area alone! Craziness to the max! I'm going to send a letter to Mom and Amber tomorrow and you have got to tell me when you get it. So over the week, we have been teaching, walking, contacting, and practicing like crazy. So its a custom in Brazil to kiss as a greeting right? Well, as missionaries we don't, but not all people know that. Ha. One investigator, a little older than us, started to do it, and my companion stopped her before I even knew what was going on. It was hilarious. She apologized, and said she was just accustomed to it. Also there was one lady who had a dog that she would have say our names. She would say it and the dog would howl, and it was hilarious. Also there was another crazy family who acted out things and did a lot of movements. They were super loud too. Ha, but awesome. Its even funnier when you don't understand what they are saying. That has been hard, since my companion knows only some English, but ill make it through. I cant wait to be able to truly talk with people. That will be amazing. What is super amazing is that we have a baptism this Saturday! My companion and I are teaching the lessons and preparing her now. It is a mom and her Daughter. We are all so excited. Anyways I have got to do, but i want you all to know that I know, that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer and he will help us with anything. I love him so much, and am glad to be out serving him. (If I haven't used this as a scripture of the week, have this be the second one) And as it says in Philippians 4:13 we can do anything through Christ. I love you all, and cant wait to hear from you again. Até mais!

-Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment