Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27, 2012

 
My companion and I are Chique (She-Key)! 
 Elder R. Silva and I in the mountains of Morro Doce!
Companion and I heading out to work
 
Its already P-Day! So this week was interesting, as there was an emergency transfer in the mission, and our zone was affected. The day before, I did a division with Elder R. Silva in the huge mountains of Morro Doce. There is nothing doce about those morros. Or in other words, there is nothing sweet about those hills. Ha. Its a hilly area, but the division went well. So other than the division, Elder Nogueira and I have been working hard, and trying to help people prepare for baptism. There are a lot of contacts, people not being home when we mark, and some good lessons. Silvio and Simone both came to church, and Silvia came as well. We were so happy to see them there. There is a member family, Rodney and his family, that are really helping us as well too. They have been helping us, and have been helping the investigators feel welcome at church. We have several families that we have found, and we are hoping that they will progress, but the majority of them are not married. We are hoping that they all can get married, and progress in the Gospel. a scripture that I would like to pass on this week is in Mosiah 29:26. If we trust in God, and humble ourselves before Him, He will help us in our hardships, and trails in our lives. The Lord will bless us as much as we work to obtain blessings. I know that God lives, and that he loves each and everyone of us, and he will bless us when we do out part. If we trust in Him, all will work out. I love you all, and hope you guys have a great week.

Abraço,

Elder Tanner Ross Paxman

PS: As for my areas here, I really don't know which is my favorite ...   I love the people in every area I have served ...   but if you don't consider the people, I would probably choose either Salto de Pirapora or Alphaville. Salto, because it was a great area, that I think of all the good times there ...  and that it was just peaceful and nice out in the interior. Alphaville, because it has a lot of cool things, and access, and there are good stores, people, and its just a nice secure area. I don't really know where I would want to go in the mission next, anywhere will be another great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment